Community Futures Highwood is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Board of Directors!
As a Board member, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the economic development of Southern Alberta. CF Highwood provides loans, business training, and support services to entrepreneurs and small business owners in our communities. We are looking for an individual who is committed to helping local businesses thrive and grow.
Ideal candidates will have:
As a member of our Board of Directors, you will have the opportunity to:
- A passion for economic development and community building
- Professional experience in finance, business, law, marketing, or a related field
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A willingness to commit time and energy to attend meetings, training, and to provide support to our organization
- Help shape the strategic direction of the organization
- Make a meaningful impact on local businesses and communities
- Network with other business leaders
- Develop your leadership and governance skills
- Commit 2-3 hours monthly for meetings with the exception of July, August, and December
- Be able to commit additional time for training, strategic planning, meeting preparation
- Respond to email communication in a timely manner
- Attend the annual Community Futures Highwood AGM